(My apologies if you’re humming now.) 😉
It’s June, which means that some of my favorite things on the horizon:
- Another season of farm-fresh goodness from the good people at Olden Produce / Olden Organics. We pick up our first share in about 10 days, and I cannot wait. I’m hoping for asparagus, lettuce and strawberries.
- Our garden is growing! Well, hopefully, anyway. Andy put seeds in the dirt on Memorial day, and we are both anxiously waiting for the peas and beans to poke their heads through the dirt. Our rhubarb is doing well, and we’re both impressed with the way our garlic looks this year, which brings me to point number three:
- SCAPES!! Several of our garlic plants have scapes, and I am really excited about another batch of garlic scape pesto. I also saw a recipe for a garlic scape soup that sounds intriguing. Grow baby, grow!
- Strawberry season is coming soon! Last year we picked more than 80 pounds. We ate every bit of it too, so I am a little afraid of how many we should pick this year…
- Next week, Andy and I get to celebrate nine years of putting up with each other. 😉 It’s not every day you find someone who will watch PBS cooking shows, plant a garden for you and get up at the crack of dawn because you want to go strawberry picking. It’s been a great adventure, and I am excited to see what God has in store for us next. I did see that our anniversary happens to fall on strawberry rhubarb pie day, so we may have to have some pie to celebrate. I don’t think he’ll mind.
Happy June! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. 🙂